Thursday, January 8, 2015

For the Name

This is a little poem I wrote about what God showed me during a rough time. I hope it is encouraging to those of you who may be in the midst of a struggle. 

For the Name

A car, a road
A girl alone in the night
It's been one of those days
When she's losing the fight

Satan is pushing,
Trying to make her fall
She's leaning on Jesus
But she just feels so small

One little tear 
Slips out of her eye
Then it all rushes down
As she cries to the sky,

"Jesus, I need you
Be here tonight
This struggle is so dark
That I can't see your light

I know I can trust you
But I've done all I can do

Give me strength to continue
When I'm falling apart
Lord, this girl loves you
Be near to my heart

I'm sorry to doubt you
I know it is wrong
But one days seems enough to bear
Five years is just so long

I know you have a plan 
For all this wandering
To bring us to a Promised Land
Where our hearts will sing

But waiting is so hard, God
My heart is torn to bits
I need to know you're here
I need a sign that I can't miss"

Then her heart was lifted 
As He whispered in her ear,
"Don't you remember, darling,
What you prayed last year?

Your heart was touched
As you read of ones across the sea
Who died, suffered, risked their lives
All because of me

That very day you said to Me
A simple step of faith
'I don't care what it may cost
I want to suffer for your name'"

As her own words were said to her
Her whole perspective shifted
Tears of joy ran down her face
And her spirit lifted

Instead of being angry
For this struggle she'd been through
She praised Lord God Almighty
That she could suffer with him too

Jesus Christ and twelve apostles 
Died for God the same
Now her heart rejoiced that she too
Was counted worthy to suffer for the Name

No longer will she fear
What the enemy might do
She serves the resurrected Lord
And is glad to suffer for Him too

So she shouted out in victory
As she approached the door
"Look out Satan! 
This girl serves the risen king and has joy forevermore."

"The Spirit bears witness with our Spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
- Romans 8:16-17

" If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were of the world, it would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore, the world hates you. 
- John 15:18-19

"And when they had called in the apostles, they beat them and charged them not to speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. Then they left the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer dishonor for the Name. 
- Acts 5:40-41

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But, take heart! I have overcome the world."
- John 16:33

2 comments:

  1. Good poem and verses. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing poem! :) So inspirational.

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete