Thursday, January 1, 2015

Choose Joy

Happy New Year Everyone!

Sorry for my unannounced blogging hiatus during December—I was able to enjoy some time off from school and work and spend a lot of time with my family. Nevertheless, I am glad to be back!

Thank you to everyone who is supporting and praying for me as I prepare to go to India in six weeks. I am so excited to see what God is going to do and I am amazed when I see how He has already provided. I can't get over how good God is.

As I enter 2015, I don't want to do so with philosophical ideals or major lists of goals. I have often discovered that God's goals for me in the future may look quite different from my goals for me. Knowing Him is the true adventure, as my pastor said on the eve of my graduation. This year, however, I want to focus on one thing. Everyday, no matter what happens, I want to wake up and say:


✟ ♥ ✞ ♥ ✟ "I choose joy....I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God." ✟ ♥ ✞ ♥ ✟
Source

Choose Joy. That simple phrase can change so much in my perspective. Lately, I have been asking myself this question: What do people see when they look at me? Do they see the joy of Christ? Do they see a life that has been changed? Do they see someone living for more than the here and now?

My deepest desire is to show Jesus in everything I do. One way to do that is to show his joy. If I can depend on the Holy Spirit and demonstrate joy in the midst of struggle and pain, that is an example of a life changed by Christ.

I know it will not be easy, but when is God's call ever easy? My prayer is that through Jesus, I will live to be joyful in Him on a daily basis. May your New Year overflow with joy now and in the days to come.

Choosing Joy {and free printable}
Source


2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Good message and blessings to you as you prepare for your mission trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany,
      Thank you so much for commenting! Your comments are always so encouraging and it is good to know that people are still reading :)
      -Abby

      Delete