Saturday, November 8, 2014

{Day 8}




Yesterday was a lovely relaxing day. I was able to visit my friend (and her two month old son), spend time with my siblings, and finish this fabulous web series that I have been watching lately. In general, I tend to be a person who throws myself into business, and if I am not running around like a chicken with its head cut off, I can feel guilty, like I am not doing enough.

The wonderful thing is that God doesn't judge us based on our business for him. I could run 25 different charities at once and save the lives of hundreds of children, but if I do not truly love God and the people I serve, I have truly accomplished nothing.

In 1 Corinthians 13, it says,
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."

Above all else, love is what matters. So because of this, it is okay for me to have these relaxing days, and to use this time to serve those around me. I am so thankful that while man looks at the outward appearance, God looks at the heart.

1 comment: