Monday, November 3, 2014

{Day 3}





I truly am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that today was my second day off in a row. And tomorrow will be my third! For this last month, and much of the month of September, I have been working two jobs at a time: my good old steady lifeguard type job, and seasonal jobs like the state fair and a pumpkin patch.

Some of y'all who work crazy hours may understand the feeling of never getting a break, of going through the day so fast your head feels like it is spinning. But honestly, there is a great feeling of accomplishment in business. It always makes me feel that I must be doing something with my life, simply because I am doing something.

So when these breaks come, at last, I cherish them, but I also don't want to waste them. Half of me wants to sit on my couch eating ice cream and watching Youtube videos all day. The other half realizes, as it should, that each day is a gift from God, and I should use the time I have to glorify him, through whatever method he may choose to use me. There is a good bit of a learning curve to figuring out how to serve God well and efficiently, but also get the necessary rest to function properly and be re-energized to do his work. This is where what Paul wrote in Philippians applies to time as well:

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.... I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:12-13)
Such a wonderful reminder. He is good and it is He who gives me strength.

Just so ya'll know, I am posting these outfits a day after I wear them, so this is actually my outfit from yesterday (Sunday.) If you would like to know the details of the accessories in my outfits, just let me know, and I can try to include that in future posts. (Some of them have been in my closet for 5+ years, but I will do my best :)


2 comments:

  1. What adorable shoes! Lace is always such a classic, feminine touch. (visiting The Modest Mom)

    ReplyDelete