Saturday, November 29, 2014

{Day 29}






So what I want to discuss today is this: what defines you? Is it your family, friends, looks, work, GPA, major, or hobbies? I gotta be honest with you, it is easy to let these things define you. For quite a while I was, in all practicality, defined by my test scores and my GPA. I felt that if I could maintain that perfect 4.0 average, then I would be complete, and I would be a success at life. Then it happened. That one class where no matter how hard I tried or how perfect I thought my projects were, I could not get the teacher to give me an A. 

As tough as that was for me, it taught me something important. When I rely on something other than God to define me, it will always let me down. Somewhere, somehow, that things that I think is a good place to base my self-worth will come crashing to the ground. 

Through all this, I came to realize that my God is truly the only one who can define me. He made me, he saved my soul from death, and in him I find my purpose and my strength. 
Hello, my name is Abby, and I am a child of the One True King. 



No comments:

Post a Comment