Thursday, November 20, 2014

{Day 20}





Shhh. Just for a moment. Pause, and simply listen. It could be to the voice of God, speaking to your heart today. It could be the silent voice in the smile of a little sibling, "Spend some time with me." Or it could be just a person who needs someone to listen to them today. Someone who will be there, hear them out, and support them.

Lately, God has been teaching me a lot about this kind of ministry, the kind where I am willing to sit down and hear a person's story and support them in whatever they are growing through. In this, I have found the extra blessing of building relationships. The truth is, many people are looking to find friends who truly care, who are willing to probe deeper than "How ya doing?" and to take time to hear about real life.

It isn't always easy. Sometimes I don't want to listen; I want to move on with my life and accomplish the things I need to get done. But then I miss out on the important opportunities and the life-changing memories.

So today, I encourage you, listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment