Saturday, November 1, 2014

{Day 1}




For those of you who missed it, I am doing a 1 Dress | 30 Days project to fundraise for my mission trip to India. So for the entire month of November, I will style this dress a different way each day. I wanted to show it simply today, so you can see what the dress itself looks like. The details about my trip and all the information is over at my my fundraiser site. I am so excited to get started with this!

But as I publish this post, part of me shrinks back in nervousness. Missions, fundraising, and fashion blogging — all of these together make me feel like I am stepping into a new world. But as Steven Curtis Chapman says in his song Dive, "I hear a voice that's telling me it's time to take the leap of faith, so here I go!"

And I am "diving in," falling headlong into the wonderful grace and wisdom of our Heavenly Father. Over and over again, I am put in awe by the goodness of his plan. Last spring, as I graduated from high school, I was so scared about growing up, but now I realize that it is just one tiny step in the big adventure of serving in God's kingdom. During the last couple of months, God has given me so many opportunities and blessings, many of which would have been near impossible if I was still in high school. We really do serve an amazing God.

One of the greatest things he has been teaching me lately is to look for him in the little things. I have head his voice in a conversation with a customer, experienced his joy in the cheery greeting of a coworker, and seen his smile in the face of my brothers and sisters.

His mercy fascinates me, and his love becomes more real to me each day. I can guarantee that you will see it too, if you take the time to look for it. I tend to be one of those people who "lives for the weekend," but Jesus has shown me that every day, every moment is a blessing and as such it is precious. So cherish it today. I don't want you to miss the miracle of the moment. (Another Steven Curtis reference there for ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment