Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sunshine Award!

I have been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Abigail over at Journey of a Lifetime. Thanks so much, Abigail!

So basically, how this goes is that I will answer Abigail's eleven questions, then write 11 of my own and nominate some other bloggers. I'm already thinking this sounds like a ton of fun!

Okay, here goes!

First, I have the questions that I am supposed to answer:

1. What is your most-used item of clothing?

My boots. Hands down. Pretty much all winter long I wear a pair of black leatherish boots, since I live in a very rainy area and flats just won't cut it.

2. What is your favorite quote?

Hmmm... well, if a Bible quote works then my favorite quote and life verse is Galatians 2:20.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself up for me."

Otherwise, my other favorite quote would be from Olaf from Frozen, 

"True love is when you put someone else's needs before your own."


3. If you wear nail polish, what is your favorite color? 

This is a very good question. You see, I personally love to wear nail polish, but circumstances in my life are making that very difficult. I play piano, so my fingernail polish chips; I teach swim lessons everyday, and so it just peels off. Difficulties aside, I really like a sparkly silver or gold color on my fingernails. 

Something like this :)

4. If you had to choose, would you rather read a book or watch a movie?

I  have to go with a book. Movies can be great, but there are certain books that are more exciting and interesting every time I re-read them. And cinematography just can't top the imagination. 

5. Do you have a favorite hobby? 
YES! Bible Quizzing!!!!

At this point, some of you may be confused and wondering what  I am talking about. If you are one of these people, please go hereherehere, and finally, here. Hopefully that helps :)

Bible Quizzing is an amazing program where I get to memorize and then compete on God's word. Not to mention the fact that I get to hang out with some pretty awesome people...

6. Can you play an instrument? If so, what is it? 

I play the piano!  Thanks to my wonderful parents for keeping me in lessons when I little, I am now in my tenth year of piano. It is now a blast to play! So if you are early in learning an instrument, I encourage you to keep it up!  It will get more fun as you go along. Currently, I love the music of The Piano Guys, and I just finished learning their song, Waterfall. Here is the video of the guy who wrote it playing the song. 




7. What is your favorite movie? 

Hmmmm... this is a hard one. I think I have to say The Sound of Music. The music, costumes, storyline, and pretty much everything else are simply perfect. "The hills are alive...." 

8. Have you ever made soap? 

Nope. But I have made candles... and my mom made hand lotion! (Never mind... I was reading this post to my sister and she reminded me that in fourth grade I did make lavender soap. So YES! )

9. What did you do before you read this blog post? 

Haha I watched the new Blimey Cow Video!
Silly Youtube wouldn't let me embed the video, so you can see it here

10. What is your favorite color? 

Blue! Any shade works!

11. What is the best thing you ever did? 

Well, I think it was listening to God and following his plan this last summer. You see, I kind of had my summer planned out. I was hoping to volunteer at this awesome camp and put off working till the fall. It was going to be beautiful. Then, right before I was going to turn in my application for this camp, I got a phone call with an interview from a job I had applied for 5 months before. Within the same week, I was given several opportunities to reconsider a competition that I had decided in my little brain wouldn't work. So in the end, I took the job and traveled to the competition, both of which provided some incredible opportunities and built amazing friendships. My summer did not turn out like I thought it would, but it turned out how God knew it would, and it was so much better than anything I could have planned!  

So... 

Now I have to ask 11 questions. 

1. What is the hardest class/subject you have ever taken/studied? 
2. Do you sew/knit/crochet? If so, what was your last project?
3. What is your favorite out-of-the-ordinary food? (i.e. I really like Chinese noodles.)
4. If you could have lunch with any literary character, who would it be and why? 
5. What person in your life has really impacted you? 
6. If you were going to have lunch with the queen of England, what would you wear? 
7. Hot dogs or hamburgers? 
8. If you listen to audio dramas, what is the best one you have ever heard? 
9. What is your favorite form of worship? (Singing, praying, listening to teaching, serving, etc.)
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
11. What experience in your life drew you close to God? 
 Or
11. In what way has God really revealed himself to you? 


Now, here are the bloggers I am nominating! (Drumroll Please)

Cassie and Rebekah over at Calico Sisters









I had so much fun with this award and I hope you enjoyed it as well!  

Blessings on you all!





5 comments:

  1. Thanks so so so much for nominating us! We have really enjoyed your blog since I found it via Pinterest a few days ago! ~Calico Sisters: Cassie and Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome!
    Thank you for all your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me! :)

    I really enjoyed reading your answers! And you're right -- cinematography can't top imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this Abigail! Oh my, I LOVE The Piano Guys! Their music is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby!!
    It's me again! My computer is giving me fits, but the email you left for me doesn't work for some reason :(. Would you be willing to leave a comment on my blog with it one more time just to make sure I have it right?? I'm very sorry about how long it's taken me to respond! Thanks for the cooperation!!
    ~Sarah @ A Daughter of the King

    ReplyDelete