Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Gospel, in all its Simplicity

Recently, I have been asking God to help me share my faith.  Deep inside of me, I truly want to tell about his love everywhere I go.  To often, though, fears get in the way.  I fear that I may mess it up, or that anything I try to share will hurt the person's opinion of God and of Christianity.

Yesterday, I was inspired.  One little boy in the last swim class I teach told me the gospel, and it was the sweetest thing I have ever heard. He doesn't worry about sounding silly or messing it up, he just shares what he knows about God.

Here is the message of salvation, from a three-year-old, in his exact words.

" Do you have Jesus in your heart?  I have Jesus in my heart.  He change my life, 'cause I give it to God."

It really doesn't get better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment