Friday, August 2, 2013

Simply. Blessed.

Coming home from my trip to Pennsylvania, I am so thankful for all that God has given me.

More than the competition even, I enjoyed the community, getting to see old friends and make new ones.  From teaching one of the guys how to "properly" compliment, to staying up till midnight playing silly acting games and frisbee in the dark, we did it all.  To all my friends from my district, across the U.S., and even in Canada, thank you for your kindness and sense of fun.  I really enjoyed spending the week with you.

And for those of you who are as "cut off from civilization" as myself and do not have a Facebook, my team did very well and ended up placing ninth!  We had so much fun and truly worked together.  We came through some hard stuff and still like each other no matter how many insults or "cow jokes" were tossed around.  (See Anna's quote to Scott in this post for reference as to how all these jokes began.)

In case you are wondering, I will be posting on a grand scale about the entire trip, but it will take a little while. (I have some Narnia videos to edit in the meantime) I wanted you all to know that I did not fall off the face of the earth even though my flight did get canceled on the way back! (We eventually got another flight, but it was a long night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment