Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kindred Spirits Retreat at CRC

 I got to go back! I don't know if I explained about my amazing experience at the Christian Renewal Center last summer at one of their family camps.  It is a beautiful little camp tucked up in the mountains of Oregon.  Through the staff, setting, and overall mission of the center, I have found it so easy to get close to God while I'm there. Quite honestly, it feels like He lives there.

This is what it looks like in the summer




Anyway, this last weekend I went back to CRC for a mother/daughter retreat run by a dear family friend, Hollylu Coon. The idea of the retreat was to tell the story of Ruth and Naomi and compare their relationship to Anne and Marilla's relationship in Anne of Green Gables. Hence, "Kindred Spirits." Between Mrs. Coon and her daughter and my mom, my sisters, and I, we worked on the various things that needed to happen for the retreat.

It was so much fun! The retreat grew me in so many ways and I got to spend time with godly mothers and daughters for a whole weekend.

We had worship...


...and little girls helping practice for worship.


We played games...

...and completed a major art project illustrating the story of Ruth.
Here it is partially complete
We met Anne...



...and the "Bethlehem Gossip Girl."

We made silly faces...

...and watched Anne of Green Gables of course!


But one of my favorite parts was the tea in "Cordelia's Tea Room" for the mothers and daughters.



Test shots before the official photos...


My mom took pictures of all the mothers and daughters, but I have to say that the pair we had the most fun taking pictures of was Anne and Marilla.


Unfortunately, we do not have pictures of my favorite part of the weekend. After all the sessions were finished, we prayed for all the moms and daughters.  It was so precious.  It is in those moments that I see God really work, when the words coming from my mouth are not my words, but His.

As Anne once said,

"Kindred Spirits are not so scare as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them."


No comments:

Post a Comment