Thursday, February 14, 2013

How Deep the Father's Love for Us

Happy Valentine's Day!
All around me, people are thanking and celebrating those they love. Roses and candy are scattered everywhere.  But in the midst of all this, I fear that sometimes we forget the greatest loves of our souls, Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now if you know me, you know that I LOVE worship songs.  They help me focus on God in the midst of the craziness of life.  Here are a few of my favorite songs about God's love, the ones that help me get through the rough days.

1. Your Love Never Fails
Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But you have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night
But joy comes in the morning 

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that you love me
Your love never fails

(There's more, but you get the idea.) We have sung this song almost every time at my youth group.  It is such a powerful reminder that even when we mess up, even when others fail us, even when the world seems like it's falling apart, His love never fails! Can I get a hallelujah?

2. One Thing Remains
Higher than the mountains that I face
Stronger than the power of the grave
Constant through the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains

Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me
Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me
Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me

On and on and on and on it goes
It overwhelms and satisfies my soul
And I never ever have to be afraid
One thing remains

In death, in life, I'm confident and covered by the power of your great love
My debt is paid. There's nothing that can separate my heart from your great love

Whenever I feel empty, lonely, or sad, this song helps pick me up.  God's love overwhelms and satisfies my soul. Wow.  And his love will always remain, no matter what happens. From birth to the grave, I am confident and covered by the power of His great love

This last one doesn't exactly refer to God's love, but it was just such an awesome reminder that, well, I kind had to include it.

3. Whom Shall I Fear?
You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear?

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though trouble linger still
Whom shall I fear?

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies is always by my side

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I'm holding on to Your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful


What an amazing reminder! The creator of the universe is at our backs! Why should we fear anyone or anything?



No comments:

Post a Comment