Thursday, February 14, 2013

He drew me a picture.

He did it at home, and brought it for me. Of course, it is a four-year-old's drawing, but the scribbles and attempt at writing my name are so sweet.

If you want your life to be full, if you want to experience love, there is one simple answer:
Give. 
In Matthew 10:42, it says, "And if anyone gives even a cold cup of water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

God is faithful; he rewards us for even the little things done to serve others. I am starting to experience just a little of that.
I served with the three and four year olds at my church's AWANA program for all of last year.  I left feeling like I hadn't made a difference; that the kids didn't know me, that I hadn't made an impact in their lives.  With encouragement from my parents, I decided to come back again this year, and wow!  I am seeing the fruits of the harvest.
It fills me with joy to hear little voices quoting scripture or to hear them proclaim that, "God is strong and he can do ANYTHING!"
The simple fact is, they're right.  They know these truths that will sustain them for years in the future.  Already. Before the age of five. That alone is amazing.

And there are perks. This little guy was my quiet one last year, never wanting to participate in anything, except snack.  This year, he is showing the other kids how it is done. He is full of joy for Jesus, and to top it all off, he even drew me a picture.

Best reward I ever got.

No comments:

Post a Comment