Saturday, November 3, 2012

Like little children

"At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure."
- Matthew 10:25-26

Every Tuesday night, I see this verse in action.  I lead a group of three and four-year-olds in my church's AWANA Cubbies program.  We go through song time, crafts, snack, verse time, games, and story.  The kids have a blast, and it makes my day to see their happy little faces.

More than that, though, I am incredibly amazed by the faith of these kiddos. Last week, out of the eleven kids in our room, we had seven who wanted to pray for snack.  It makes my heart full of joy when I hear one little girl thank God for her entire family and then thank Jesus because He's her "favorite one in the whole wide world."  Or to hear another thank Jesus that she gets to "come to Cubbies and learn about God."

I praise God for how he has revealed himself to these kids.  They sing to God with all their hearts and recite His word happily.

I have even seen quiet little ones who wouldn't participate in anything become leaders among the other kids and teach the younger ones to sing the songs and play the games.

In Matthew 18:3, Jesus said
"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

A little child doesn't worry about denominations, legalism, or predestination.   It is simply this:

"Jesus died on the cross to take away our yucky sin."

No comments:

Post a Comment