Friday, September 28, 2012

Content


You can have money, and cool friends, a ring on your left hand
But it's never gonna be enough, if you don't have love
You don't have love
You can have a fast car, a mansion, and everyone's attention
But it's never gonna be enough, if you don't have love
You don't have love, you don't have love

I heard this song on the radio today and I realized how true it really is.  The message is so simple, and yet so powerful.  We can have everything that we think we need.  We can even have everything that we want, but if we are not fully content in the love of God, we will never be happy.  

I love Philippians 4:12-13,

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength."

It should be announced everywhere.  We know the secret of being content!  We know the way to have joy even in the darkest of circumstances!  It is the reason why the poorest man in the world can be more joyful than the richest.  

And what is the secret? "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  That is so good to hear. I don't have to do it on my own.  He gives me strength to push through when I don't think I can.  He gives me the self-control to be kind when a sibling is getting on my last nerve.  He gives me forgiveness when I make mistakes over and over again.

What a mighty God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment