Thursday, August 9, 2012

Your Last

Am I truly thankful?  Do I really understand the gift of it all?
Yes, I thank God for my daily bread, and I praise him for his blessings, but do I truly live out my thanks?

The real question: Do I live every day as a precious gift from God?  Do I treat every hour as if it were my last?
My answer: Not really.

But the hard part of it is, how do I turn this around?  What is the right way to spend each minute?  How would I know?
I found my answer as I was reading Matthew this week.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-Matthew 6:33

That is where true joy can be found.  To follow and seek after God in every circumstance.  To listen to his voice to know what He wants me to do.

I have spent some time lately evaluating my actions.  If today were my last, would I respond differently to my sister?  Would I reach out to the person who seems to have no friends?  Would I let trivial things consume my thoughts?

We don't know when God will take us from this life.  I don't know if I will have one more year, or eighty.  God has each of us on this earth for a purpose. Whenever He calls me home, I want to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant."  I want to know that I used my time on this earth to bring glory to his name.

So I ask you, Will you live every day as if it were your last?
I'm sure going to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment