Friday, August 24, 2012

His Hands

So I don't know about you, but whenever I'm sad or upset, worship songs really help me.  Singing songs and hymns reminds me of the truth and helps me relax.

During a time when I was sad and had to surrender to God, there was one song that I kept singing over and over, but I could only remember part of it.  This is what it was:

I trust in you
I trust in you

I believe that you're my healer
I believe that you are all I need
I believe that you're my portion
I believe you're more than enough for me
Jesus, you're all I need

This song spoke to my heart in the moment.  It helped me come to a place where I understood that Jesus is really all I need.

The other night, I was singing this song again, not because I was upset or anything, but just because I was remembering the goodness of God.  Thinking about singing that song in church, I was suddenly reminded of the part I had forgotten:

Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible for you
You hold my world in your hands

This made me cry.  In the original situation, I was struggling because it seemed impossible to me.  It was out of my hands.  But that doesn't matter, because I serve a big God who holds my entire world.  He is all I need. In fact, He is more than enough.  I am amazed that the God who created the universe would care about my little problems.  He truly is an awesome God.

The song is "Healer" by Hillsong if you want to look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment