Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Prepare your Heart


If a king told you he was coming to your house, what would you do?  You would probably clean your house, make sure he had the softest and most comfortable bed, and cook delicious food.

Here's a different scenario. What if a king told you he was coming, but didn't say when?  What if he said, "I will come to you sometime, but you won't know when I am coming.  I could show up any day, it could be tomorrow, or it might not be in your lifetime."

As humans, it is hard for us not to know all the facts.  I, personally, feel like I need to know what is going to happen and when.  If a king really did tell you that he would come sometime, what would you do?  Would you prepare anyway, and be ready all the time for his arrival?  Would you keep the food warm and make the bed every day? Or, would you decide it was too much work  and hope you'll have time to prepare when you see him coming?


What if this king was the King of kings?


The truth is, the King of kings IS coming one day.  As in the story, we don't know when he will arrive.  But it is not our homes he will come to.  It is our hearts.  Unfortunately, most people take the latter path when it comes to preparing our hearts.  We assume that we will have time to get ready for eternity when we see Him coming.

This is a wrong presumption.  Time and time again I have read about and heard of people who rejected Christ in their lifetime, and when given another chance on their deathbed, decided it was too late.

We can't live for ourselves and then try to be ready at the last minute.  It doesn't work that way.

Choose to prepare your heart now.  Listen to his guidance, let him lead your life now, and to eternity.

1 comment:

  1. Hi God's Princess! When I read your post I thought of the story where Jesus visits a man's home. As they travel through the library, his bedroom, and even his closet, the man is embarrassed by many things that don't please Jesus. I know that for many of us, if Jesus visited our homes, we would act entirely different. But when I think about it, He's always watching, always with me and you. That's a good thing to remember! Thank you so much for your post! It reminded me!
    Your friend,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete