Thursday, September 23, 2010

Taylor Day!

Yep, you got it right.  Today is Taylor Day.  Okay it's not a national holiday (yet),  but it will be soon. (I've got a call into the president, but it's taking awhile :)  So for any of you who are reading today, Thursday, September 23rd, you may notice some changes on my blog.  They are short-term changes and will be here for today ONLY to celebrate (what else) Taylor Day!  Here goes my post about her.

Today I am going to blog about  a very special friend of mine.  Her name is Taylor, and she has been a amazing friend and guide to me over the past four years.  You can find her blog here.  I love her to pieces ands can't thank God enough for blessing me with her.  Here are some photos to give you an idea of the girl Taylor is.

At my 11th birthday party


  At my piano recital a few years ago


Announcing at Co-op on pajama day


At the Fort


At my 13th birthday party


Hanging out at my sister's party


Before the formal



 Camping


On Tuesday, she came to take me out for 
coffee and to chat.  It was so sweet and 
awesome of her!! 

                        Group Hug!



Enough pictures, now.  Taylor has been such an amazing friend to me these last few years.  Though she is four years my elder, she has never made me feel less important because I am younger.  She has always been there when I needed her.  Today, she is moving to college.  I'm going to miss her so much!!  
I have many memories of her that aren't included in these pictures.  Memories like these:
Hanging out at camp when I was only eleven.  
Late night talks at sleepovers.
A piggy-back ride at AWANA
Her freaking me out by running up behind me and jumping on me at the mall.  
Forking with her late at night.  
Talking at the park.

In short, Taylor has taught me to have fun.  She has been the one who helped me to not be uptight but instead to just have fun and enjoy myself.  I said once, " Taylor is always the one who does the crazy stuff first, so I can do it second."  This is one of my favorite things about her.  

I remember when she used to babysit for my family, from when I was 10 through when I was 12.  She was the best babysitter I ever had.  I remember looking forward for weeks to when she would come babysit, and then when she came, I wished she could never leave.   She was the epitome of all I wanted to be.  Many of my goals when I was younger were to be  "just like Miss Taylor".   

She has never once forgotten me.  I have always felt that she is ready to listen when I have a problem.   I think of the girl I was at 10, and think of who I am now, and know I wouldn't be who I am today without her. She has helped me come a long way.  I thank God for the role model, mentor and friend that Taylor has been to me.  

Taylor if you're reading this, thank you, thank you, thank you, for being such an incredible friend to me!!! Words can't express how I love you and am thankful for you! 

Finally, God, you are an awesome God!  You knew that I needed Taylor, and I thank you with all my heart for blessing me with her!  

To all the rest of you, have a great Taylor Day!

In His name, 
See ya!

A friend loves at all times and a sister is born for adversity.  Proverbs 17:17







5 comments:

  1. Ohkay girly...i'm seriously crying right now. THANK YOU!!! I love you soo much and you have been such an amazing young woman of God to watch grow up in Him!! I am soo incredibly blessed to have been your babysitter all of these years and I miss you tons! I LOVE YOU!!!

    tay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soo glad you like it! I'm praying for you!
    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, and did you like the changes? I think I like that background so much I might change to it sometime!! =)

    Love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you girly!!!! I MISS YOU! And yes i quite loved it...you totally should!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'll think about it!
    Today, I read the letter you wrote me for my 13th! It is so sweet! Thanks!

    I miss you soooo much!

    Love,
    Your S.I.S.

    ReplyDelete