Thursday, August 26, 2010

My God Works Miracles!

Some people think that God doesn't work miracles in the present day.  They think miracles only happened in Bible times.  Well, I want to tell you that God DOES work miracles today, both big and small.

Last year, when my family was trying to adopt my little brother and sister from Ethiopia, we were told it would take 12-16 months for us just to find out who our children were.  So we waited, and prayed, and prayed, and prayed.  Five months later, we received a call about and pictures of my beautiful brother and sister.  We brought them home six months earlier than we had planned!

That was a miracle.

A month ago, I was in a situation with some people, and I was worried that they would say something to upset my sister.  I was really worried about it.  I spent about half an hour pouring out my heart to God and crying, praying that he would protect my sister.  When I stopped praying and rejoined the group of people, one girl was telling the others to be careful what they say.  I almost fell over!  God was showing me that he heard my prayer!

That was a miracle.

Finally, last night I had a horrible pain in my foot, for no apparent reason.  It had started earlier in the day and progressively gotten worse to the point where I could not put any weight on it.  I was folding laundry, and it hurt so bad that I just broke down and cried.  I prayed to the Lord, "Jesus, please take away my pain, or if you don't, give me the strength to bear it.  Immediately, my foot started feeling better, and within 15 minutes it felt normal.  God healed me!

That was a miracle.

If you're still not convinced that God works miracles, go down to my blog list and click on "The Journey".  This is a blog done by a lady who lives in Uganda and who has adopted fourteen daughters.  She tells about some pretty "big" miracles on there.

Finally, thank you God for all the miracles you work for us everyday, some that we may not even notice.

In His Name,
See ya!

No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.
John 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment